PyWavelets - Discrete Wavelet Transform in Python
PyWavelets is a free Open Source wavelet transform software for Python
programming language. It is written in Python, Cython and C for a mix of easy
and powerful high-level interface and the best performance.
PyWavelets is very easy to start with and use. Just install the package, open
the Python interactive shell and type:
>>> import pywt
>>> cA, cD = pywt.dwt([1, 2, 3, 4], 'db1')
Voilà! Computing wavelet transforms never before has been so simple :)
The main features of PyWavelets are:
- 1D and 2D Forward and Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT and IDWT)
- 1D and 2D Stationary Wavelet Transform (Undecimated Wavelet Transform)
- 1D and 2D Wavelet Packet decomposition and reconstruction
- Approximating wavelet and scaling functions
- Over seventy built-in wavelet filters
and custom wavelets supported
- Single and double precision calculations
- Results compatibility with Matlab Wavelet Toolbox™
PyWavelets is a package for the Python programming language. It requires:
In order to build PyWavelets from source, a working C compiler (GCC or MSVC)
and a recent version of Cython is required.
- To install PyWavelets open shell prompt and type pip install PyWavelets
or easy_install PyWavelets.
- To build and install from source, navigate to downloaded PyWavelets source
code directory and type python setup.py install.
- The in-development version of PyWavelets can be installed with
pip install PyWavelets==dev or easy_install PyWavelets==dev.
Prebuilt Windows binaries and source code packages are also
available from Python Package Index.
Binary packages for several Linux distributors are maintained by Open Source
community contributors. Query your Linux package manager tool
for python-wavelets, python-pywt or similar package name.
Development notes section contains more
information on building and installing from source code.
PyWavelets started in 2006 as an academic project for a master thesis
on Analysis and Classification of Medical Signals using Wavelet Transforms
and is maintained by its original developer.
All contributions including bug reports, bug fixes, new feature implementations
and documentation improvements are welcome.
Go and fork on GitHub today!
PyWavelets is a free Open Source software released under the MIT license.
For information on commercial support and development email me at email@example.com.